Swimming is an essential life skill.
Teaching your child how to swim and be safe around pools and bodies of water prevents accidents and tragedies. Drowning is the second-leading cause of unintentional, injury-related death among children ages 1 to 14. A 2009 study found kids ages 1 to 4 who had taken swimming lessons showed a reduced risk of drowning by 88 percent.
Teach your kids to swim early in the season and they can build on these skills over the entire summer. The NMSC is offering group lessons in the month of June. These quick, intensive sessions will get your child feeling comfortable and confident in the water before the season really kicks off. After your child has been screened, you will be assigned a 30 minute time block that meets the needs of your swimmer. For each session, you have the option to add on private lessons on Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 1pm-7pm.
Session dates and times will be allocated on a FIRST COME basis at registration.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
SCREENING: Each child will need to be screened to test for their ability and then placed in a group that best fits their needs.
Saturday, June 3 – 1pm-7pm
Sunday June 4 – 1pm-7pm
Monday, June 5 – 4pm-7pm
Thursday, June 8 – 4pm-7pm
Friday, June 9 – 4pm-7pm
Saturday, June 10- 10am-1pm
Sunday, June 11 – 10am-1pm
Monday, June 12 – 4pm-7pm
Makeup Dates: Tuesday, June 13 and Wednesday, June 14 (4pm-7pm)
Thursday, June 15 – 4pm-7pm
Friday, June 16 – 4pm-7pm
Saturday, June 17- 10am-1pm
Sunday, June 18 – 10am-1pm
Monday, June 19 – 4pm-7pm
Makeup Dates: Tuesday, June 20 and Wednesday, June 21
(6/22 has adjusted time of 4:30pm-7:30 pm if necessary)
COST PER SESSION:
Bonded Members – $150 per child
Non Bonded Members – $175 per child
Non Members – $200 per child
Swim Lesson FAQs
What ages can sign up for swim lessons?
- Your child MUST be fully potty trained to take swim lessons at the NMSC. Any child who is fully potty trained through adult can participate in lessons.
How are levels determined?
- Participants are screened by certified Water Safety Instructors. During the screening, instructors will ask children to show various skills and will be placed in a certain level according to the child’s swimming abilities. All beginners having no experience of swimming, will be placed in Level 1 and will not be screened.
How much do lessons cost?
Each session will have varying numbers of lessons but below is the breakdown per lesson.
- Bonded members: $30 per lesson
- Unbonded members: $35 per lesson
- Non-members: $40 per lesson
How long is each lesson?
- Each lesson is thirty (30) minutes.
Do you have make-up sessions?
- Each session has makeup dates already assigned. If a lesson is canceled due to inclement weather it will be rescheduled to the makeup day. If you miss the class and the class ran as scheduled, you cannot make up the class at another time. If you have extenuating circumstances please contact the Club Manager.
How do I register?
- You can register and send your payment in through our website. In-person registration will take place on June 3-5 at the NMSC after your screening. Adult must accompany swimmer to pool for screening assessment. Once screened by Water Safety Instructor and assigned to a swim lesson level, registrations must be completed and paid for at the registration table. You will be assigned to a session date and time on the spot. Payment MUST be made at time of registration. We will not be able to hold spots without payment and screening.